Friday, February 29, 2008

GELATO! GELATO! GELATO!



MMMM Yum! So, I am in love with Gelato. In every European city I have lived, that is something that always makes me happy to be there, especially when I am feeling really homesick. Today I had the most delicious raspberry gelato, even though the man told me it was Strawberry, I knew that deep shade of red was my most favorite fruit, and I was right! WOO HOO! I just found this awesome website:(http://yourheartout.com/) that let me know of a new restaurant in Sandy, UT that has a great variety of Gelato, and some delicious looking salads too. Go and check it out . Let me know if it tastes as good as it looks. I swear Utah is becoming more and more swanky and "with it" each year!
Now I really will never want to leave.


Citta Gelateria Italiana

2101 E. 9400 South, Sandy

(801) 790-4135

Open Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.;

Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.


~JUST In case you were wondering ~ Gelato: is European style ice cream that is made with less fat, because it contains almost no milk and no air is added to gelato. This makes the flavor so much more flavorful than ice cream with a richer, creamier taste. Gelato is served 10 to 15 degrees warmer than ice cream. Because it is less solidly frozen, gelato’s taste is further enhanced as it melts in the mouth.. Try it, I promise you'll love it!


My personal favorite flavors: Mango, and Raspberry, or Chocolate Almond. YUM!


1 comment:

Heather Ann said...

Hey Linz.. I forgot to tell ya we did go to this Gelato place in Sandy, its kind of a dive, but of course the gelato was yummy! I got the Rasberry, Kelly got the Chocolate Pecan (i think) and the kids got Green Apple, & Strawberry, and even tho the Green apple kinda sounds gross, it was good too. They were all yummy.. The downside is they come in small little cups for like $3/each. I wanted a BIG Quart size, hehe.. Of course that would of been $30..